External Coil Spring Compressor Set
Removes and installs coil springs where removal through the center of the spring is not possible
Services both Straight & Curved Coil Springs
Includes U-bolts & wing nuts
Maximum diameter spring that the hooks will accommodate is 0.75″.
Diameter of the rod: 5/8″
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STRAIGHT COIL SPRINGS:
- Install 3 leg assemblies evenly around the spring. Turn nuts finger-tight to hold in position.
- Install one U-bolt near the center of each leg with open end pointing away from the spring. Place the bar and wing nuts on the U-bolt, then finger-tighten the wing nuts
- Tighten each leg nut a little at a time to compress spring gradually. Do not over-compress.
- To release the compressor, loosen each leg nut a little at a time.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CURVED COIL SPRINGS:
- With the car raised and safely supported, place a jack under the lower control arm. Raising the jack will compress the spring.
- Install as many leg assemblies and safety U-bolts as possible (see #1 & #2 above), then finger-tighten the leg nuts.
- Disconnect the lower control arm bolts, then slowly lower the jack until the spring can be removed. The curved contour will remain.
- To install a new coil spring, use one or more legs and U-bolts to produce the necessary curve.